Installation of a zirconia crown and its advantages
It is possible to design:
- zirconium constructions (crowns and dental bridges ) together with applying special dyes to reproduce individual peculiarities;
- applying special ceramic materials to a zirconium carcass (the zirconia crowns with a ceramic lining).
The optimal option is selected by the dentist and agreed upon with the patient.
Zirconia crowns are used to make structures that vary in length (this could be a single crown or a bridge of 14 teeth), at the same time, the accuracy of the procedure remains very high thanks to the computer milling technique.
This type of crowns can be installed on both teeth and implants.
The enormous benefit of zirconia crowns is their small weight which is very important when splinting teeth of varying mobility. In this case, the ultimate goal is to distribute the chewing load between the teeth of a certain group.
Strength, aesthetics and lightweight properties are the main features of zirconia crowns.
Installation of a zirconia crown takes several stages:
- tooth preparation (removal of the old crowns, root canal and caries treatment, making an inlay if necessary);
- taking dental imprints;
- testing and improving the color and shape (if necessary);
- installation of the final construction with special composite materials;
- installation of the final construction with composite materials
- polishing the transition line between crown and tooth.
How much does a zirconia crown cost?
To get an accurate cost estimation of a zirconia crown as well as the preceding dental treatment, book a free consultation at iStomatolog. Upon examining the oral cavity and an X-ray analysis, our dentists will determine the optimal treatment and inform you on the exact cost and timeframe.