The benefits of treatment at the iStomatolog Center
The most common symptoms of pulpitis
- Uncaused pain
- The pain increases during nighttime
- No pain relief even after the removal of an irritant
- The pain spreads to the adjacent teeth (the patient cannot determine which tooth is aching)
- The pain can cause an echo in the teeth of the other jaw, the ear, or under the lower jaw.
- In the case of a purulent inflammation, the patient experiences pain relief from cold food and the sharp increase of pain from hot food.
- The presence of carious cavity is not necessary; on the outside, the tooth may seem unaffected by caries.
Stages of the pulpitis treatment
- Allergy test (during the first therapy session)
- Local anesthesia
- Opening of a carious cavity and the tooth cavity (where the nerve is located)
- Application of a coffer dam
- Mechanical and medicamentous treatment of root canals (removal of the nerve, clearing of the root canal, rinsing and sterilization of the root canal)
- Filling of root canals
- X-ray control of the procedure of root canal filling
- Installation of a temporary filling.
What will happen if pulpitis is left untreated?
Oftentimes, we do not have time or opportunity (the usual fear is also a factor) to make an appointment with dentist even if we experience tooth pain. We take painkillers, try various natural home remedies, and heed all those “tested and 100% working” recommendations from friends and relatives. In a best-case scenario, they will not work; the effect of painkiller will fade and the visit to the dentist will become inevitable. Unfortunately, we often witness the worst scenario, when the tooth pain passes off. Believe us, it happens not due to the miraculous effect of garlic or a cotton ball, soaked in bee glue or an extract of pumpkin tails which you applied on a tooth cavity or gums; not the application of fatback or a tampon with paracetamol, not the Glister toothpaste, or even a pepper vodka. It is just a sign that the inflammation is transitioning to a new level. The so-called “temporary relief” signifies that the pulpitis is transforming into periodontitis (inflammation of the bone which surrounds the root) or a chronic inflammation of the tooth nerve.
And then the fun part begins... see the chapters Periodontitis and Periostitis
The cost of pulpitis treatment (treatment of tooth nerve)
You can get an accurate evaluation of the cost of pulpit treatment, in other words, filling of root canals with the subsequent tooth restoration, during a free consultation at the iStomatolog center, after the initial checkup, diagnosis, and X-ray examination. Our doctors will make a detailed treatment plan, from nerve removal to tooth restoration, and let you know the exact cost of all stages of treatment.