The advantages of treatment at iStomatolog
Factors that contribute to the occurrence of caries
- Poor hygiene
- Specific saliva composition which inhibits the self-cleaning properties of teeth
- Smoking and narcotic drug use
- Diseases and antibiotics intake in childhood, especially in the period of odontogenesis (the diseases suffered by mother during her pregnancy may affect the milk teeth)
- Genetic predisposition
- Chemical composition of the drinking water
- Common diseases
- Excessive consuming of food rich in sugars
- Consuming of predominantly soft food
- Taking Certain medications and much more.
How dangerous is caries?
The caries itself is not as dangerous as its complications 🙂
Namely, pulpits which are the inflammations of tooth nerve. It is the most common complication.
The other thing that can happen, is the fracture of a tooth. In the case of a massive decay, the walls of a tooth become thin and can break even at the slightest chewing pressure. “I was eating strawberries and a piece of my tooth fell off.”
Specialists from the Center of Family Dentistry iStomatolog, have the necessary knowledge, experience, and modern technologies to:
- Diagnose caries at the early stages, as well as its hidden forms (on the contact surfaces and the surfaced which are located below the gum line)
- Prevent the development of caries under the filling (secondary caries)
- Prevent the development of complications
- Restore the anatomical form of a tooth
- Restore the functionality of a tooth and ensure that it can fully participate in the chewing process.
Stages of caries treatment
- Checkup, diagnostics
- Treatment of tooth tissues, affected by caries
- Application of a coffer dam
- Application of a dental treatment liner, made of special materials to prevent the re-occurrence of caries under the filling or the development of complications
- Application of an isolating liner
- Stratified insertion of a photopolymerized material
- Application of a sealant on the finished restoration
- Occlusal adjustment
- Grinding and polishing by rubber bands and pastes of various abrasivity levels
If the patient has several adjacent teeth which are carious, it will be better to treat them in one session. It will save patient's time and money.
What is the cost of caries treatment?
The cost of caries treatment depends on the degree of tooth decay, the quality of materials used for tooth restoration, and the additional preventive methods against the development of caries-related complications.