Plasmolifting in Dentistry
Dr. Olena Daynetska
Chief doctor of the center. DDTA. Specializes in aesthetic dentistry, parodontics, dental prosthetics and endodontics, plasmotherapeutic in dentistry and plasmolifting in cosmetology.
Specializes in aesthetic prosthetics and restoration, dental plasmotherapy, cosmetological plasmolifting, endodontics, periodontology.
Co-founder and physician inchief of the family dental center iStomatolog since 2015.
Together with the dental team provides free medical care to ATO soldiers. Due to that received numerous awards.
And received a rewards from Ukrainian Ministry of Defence.
Since 2003 been improving the level of qualification and professional skills, following up on the latest technologies and achievements in the field of aesthetic dentistry, prosthetics, periodontics, endodontics and cosmetology, attends master classes of leading dental specialists from around the world, actively participates in international dental conferences and symposiums.
Advantage of I-PRF over a Plasmolifting Procedure
Under the plasmolifting procedure, PRP (Platelets Reach Plasma) is obtained from the blood, by processing it in a centrifuge with addition of an anticoagulant agent. The end result of any regeneration procedure depends on the duration of growth factors release. When using PRP, they are released immediately, while PRF allows releasing them during 7 days. The growth factors’ lifetime after they are released from platelets is 3 minutes. Therefore, when using PRP, the body cells receive the regenerative growth factors only for a few minutes, while when using PRF, they get the factors continuously during 7 days, which provides better opportunities for the "tired cells" renewal.
Essentially, I-PRF is an improved and much more effective method of plasma application (plasmolifting) to regenerate the body cells and it features a wider range of indications for use.
Why to Have the Procedure Conducted in iStomatolog Center?
- our equipment allows obtaining blood plasma enriched with fibrin, which serves as a frame for skin and mucous membranes rejuvenation;
- we use so-called "clean" tubes that do not contain agents to prevent blood coagulation, and as the result, the plasma works up to 7 days at the injection site, enhancing the procedure effectiveness and allowing to reduce the number of visits and to increase a time interval between them.
Indications for the I-PRF Procedure
Face, decollate and hands plasmolifting:
- removal of fine lines and smoothing of deeper wrinkles;
- skin turgor improvement (advanced skin tightness) and facial contours tightening;
- dry skin improvement;
- complexion enhancing;
- skin regeneration after tanning (both natural and artificial);
- acne treatment in adolescents and adults;
- scars and pitted acne scars removal;
- in complex therapy of hyperpigmentation and spider veins;
- for smokers (activates the antioxidant system);
- skin regeneration after aggressive methods of chemical and laser exfoliation.
The procedure frequency is once in 3-4 weeks. The minimum amount is 2 times for acne treatment and averagely 4 times for rejuvenating effect. The course frequency (every 6 months or every 1-2 years) is determined taking into account the problem and age.
Examples of face plasmolifting:
- noticeable spider veins and a large number of small wrinkles
- enlarged pores of the face skin
- deepening of the nasolabial folds and chin fold
- upper lip wrinkles.
- restoration of the dental arcade integrity and occlusal vertical dimension
- 4 procedures of a plasmolifting course, 1 procedure of biorevitalization, 2 procedures of mesotherapy injections
- contour plastic with a hyaluronic acid filler.
- eye bags
- unsatisfactory general skin condition
- tired skin.
- 2 procedures of face plasmolifting
- 1 procedure of biorevitalization
- 2 procedures of mesotherapy injections.
Indications for Plasmolifting of the Hairy Part of the Head
- hair loss (including seasonal and associated with pharmaceutical drugs, diet and stress)
- local hair loss
- scalp dryness treatment (when dandruff is associated with dry skin rather than with fungus)
- hair growth activating and accelerating.
As for the "head" plasmolifting, it is necessary to take into account that hair loss decreases in 2-3 weeks and returns to normal in 2 months. When treating hair loss, the result in the form of "new hairs" will be noticeable not earlier than in 8-9 months.
The procedure frequency varies from 2 to 4 weeks. If necessary, plasmolifting of the hairy part of the head is conducted again – this depends on the initial situation and is determined individually in the process of treatment.
Indications for Gum Plasmolifting:
- gum inflammation (gingivitis);
- gum and bone tissue inflammation (periodontitis);
- prevention of complications and in the complex treatment of complications after surgical manipulations, such as tooth extraction, implant placement, bone grafting, dental cyst removal, maxillary sinus surgery;
- post- debridement care;
- in the complex therapy of periodontal diseases (laser treatment, ozone therapy, Vector-therapy).
Plasmolifting is a right hand in dentistry, since it enhances natural restorative and protective functions.
Frequency of oral cavity plasmolifting:
- in surgery treatment - on a one-off basis;
- treatment of surgical implications - 1-3 procedures;
- treatment of gingivitis and periodontitis - 1-2 procedures repeated once every 6-12 months.
- oncology diseases;
- chemotherapy and radiotherapy;
- blood diseases;
- taking medicines that thin the blood;
- infectious diseases;
- administration of antibiotics.
Preparation for the Plasmolifting Procedure
The procedure can be carried out regardless of the season, but some restrictions still apply:
- refrain from alcohol 48 hours before the procedure;
- refrain from fatty and spicy food 24 hours before the procedure;
- wait for 3-5 days after the end of menstruation;
- wait for 7-10 days after consumption of antibiotics;
- wait for 7 days after active tanning;
- drink at least 1 liter of water 2-3 hours before the procedure.
Activities prohibited after the plasmolifting procedure:
- exposure to the active sun and tanning in sunbeds are allowed not earlier than in 5 days;
- use of any beauty products (except for the care offered by a doctor) is allowed not earlier than in 3 days.
Look and feel after the procedure:
- skin redness disappears in 2-6 hours;
- dizziness is possible when deep wrinkles are filled;
- puffiness is observed during the first day;
- slightly peeling skin is observed in 1-2 days.
What to Choose: Revitalization, Biorevitalisation or Plasmolifting?
It is necessary to understand that revitalization and biorevitalization are aimed at temporary cosmetic improvement of the skin condition. Under plasmolifting, our cells start working and regenerating more intensively, and the procedure effect is cumulative. Therefore, it is incorrect to compare the procedures, since they are different and not interchangeable.
The cost of plasmolifting
The cost of one i-PRF plasmolifting procedure depends on the area of application and the initial problem. You can find out the procedures cost and their necessary quantity at iStomatolog center.